Re: Pre-Friday Humor - add ons

From: B. J. Arnold-Feret (ppsltd@airmail.net)
Date: Thu Jun 10 1999 - 00:12:54 EEST

I personally have been on flights where the following took place:

Flight announcements and safety instructions were sung to a country western
song by the four flight attendents from SouthWest (they were good...)

A conga line and all passengers stading up and doing the hand motions as the
flight attendants pointed out the exits.

The pilot breaking into the Theme from Gilligan's Island as we are getting
ready to depart San Diego.

The co-pilot of a commuter place having to leave the aircraft and chase a
deer off the runway before a flight in the early morning hours in West Virginia.

The best was a flight to Pittsburgh from DFW when a passenger had a
psychotic breakdown after takeoff. As he was barricading himself and a
hapless seatmate into a wedge and screaming that he was going to be killed
by demons but they would have to kill him to get him off the plane, I heard
comments from no less than 6 active duty soldiers on the flight.
        "Hey, looks like a guy is going nuts."
        "Yep, Shame."
        "I guess if he gets really crazy we have to go over there."
        "Yep. No big deal. He might be kinda of irritated afterwards though."
        "Yea, I hate it when they go unconcious and pee on us. Got the
sports section?
Needless to say, the passenger was quickly and effectively subdued after an
emergency landing and carried off the plane. We all got free drinks, and it
was the first and only time that I have ever seen passengers stay in their
seats after taxi and docking at the jetway door.

B. J. Arnold-Feret
ppsltd@airmail.net