Re: Metal rp, success stories needed...

From: Robert Welther (Welther@partsnow.com)
Date: Fri Jun 11 1999 - 01:57:16 EEST

Henri,

Soligen uses a method called DSPC (direct shell production casting) to cast
metal parts. We print a ceramic shell directly from a STL file. Castings in
aluminum, magnesium, stainless steel, brass, bronze, and most other alloys are
all possible using this patternless method. Our success stories can be found on
our web site, http://www.soligen.com. This method can also create tooling for
sand casting and permanent mold casting. In addition to patterns, DSPC allows
us to print ceramic cores for multiple design verifications without the expense
of creating and modifying production tooling. Some metal castings made using
DSPC are mulit-cylinder heads, intake manifolds, impellers, valve bodies and
engine blocks.

Sincerely,

Robert Welther
Soligen, Inc.