Re: Surfacer vs IcemSurf

From: Brent Hickel (hickelb@uswest.net)
Date: Fri Jun 11 1999 - 16:48:41 EEST

What type of parts do you plan to reverse engineer? What do you use to
dimension the parts - laser scanning, CGI scanning, CMM, Optical, etc. We
use surfacer for freeform shapes scanned using laser, CGI or Steinbichler
and it works well for these. Parametric shapes are best modeled using a CAD
package, though Surfacer is necessary for handling the point data. We
dimension the point data using a package called Spec.Check from CGI which
allows full dimensioning from Scanned data. We then use these dimensions to
develop a parametric model using CAD software. A suite of tools seems to be
the best approach.

Brent

www.firstart.com