Medical grade RP materials.

From: Joseph P. Frantz (joe@frantzind.com)
Date: Mon Jun 14 1999 - 15:54:12 EEST

Hello List,

We are working on a small hand held Endoscope Handle and planning on overmolding 20 RP plugs that will have built in internal scope and fluid channels. The overall size of the plug is 1" x 1.75" x 3.5" with a .30" diameter tube extending out 2.25". Dimensions are not tight tolerances and the overmold material will probable be polypropylene or low density polyethylene.

I need a RP process that will be cost effective for this quantity and a material that will be able to withstand the overmolding, Steris chemical and ETO gas sterilization.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Joseph P. Frantz
FRANTZ INDUSTRIES, INC.
Rapid Tooling & Plastic Injection Molding
Mini-Jector Molding Machines
45 Pleasant Drive
Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44022-3025
Telephone: (440) 247-2960 or (800) RAPID 50
Facsimile: (440) 247-2294
E-mail: joe@frantzind.com