New Video Card

From: Steven Pollack (themissinglink@eznetinc.com)
Date: Thu Jun 24 1999 - 16:45:07 EEST

I took all your RP advice and purchased a new video card to speed up my
CAD. I bought the Oxygen VX1 32mb card from 3DLabs for around $300. After
installing it, I did not notice any increase in my processing time for
large boolean operations.

I did call technical support at 3DLabs and they were very nice, patient,
and answered the phone each of 3 times I called. They said that my
Windows95 may not really support OpenGL or CAD memory mangement as
efficiently as WindowsNT. Sigh...

So now I will upgrade my operating system. Actually, with todays prices
for computers being what they are, I may just buy a new one and have them
pre-install NT. Who would have thought a year ago that a 233 PII, 128mb
computer would become archaic in that short a time frame?

So now I must give serious thought to going MAC G3 since the systems appear
to come pre-configured for CAD type applications. PC's make it so
difficult to get what a CAD user really wants. You think you are upgrading
your RAM only to find out that your operating system sees things
differently from you.

Steven Pollack
The Missing Link Jewelers
http://www.familyjeweler.com