Re: Unigraphics, Observations

From: Steve Farentinos (steve@pmli.com)
Date: Thu Jun 24 1999 - 18:10:51 EEST

Michael,

If you're thinking about UG or Pro/E or any other high end package, be
sure to take a look at Varimetrix Vision too. For years, past versions of
this product have given us an edge over many of our competitors and the
newest version is even better. It's one of the few truly integrated
surface/solid modelers. This puts it somewhere in between Pro/E and
Alias. Also, it is unsurpassed at importing and working with data from
other systems (something Pro/E is notorously bad at).

See the review in the July issue of Cadence magazine if you're interested.

Steve

Michael Rees wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I apologize, this is a CAD question.
>
> I'd like to hear from users of Unigraphics about how they like it. How
> flexible and intuitive is it? How robust, etc.,. How does it compare to
> Alias or Pro E.
>
> (I assume its on the Pro E side of the part or art equation).
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> michael rees http://www.sound.net/~zedand00/
> 1212 w 8th St. 816 753 3020 voice zedand00@sound.net