Re[2]: Unigraphics, Observations

From: lblasch@opw-fc.com
Date: Thu Jun 24 1999 - 16:57:03 EEST

     Paul,

     Good to hear from someone else out there from the "stone age" of UG.

     I started on "UG 1" version 2 or 3 in 1983 shortly after it had been
     acquired by McDonnel Douglas Aircraft. It was then called "McAuto".

     I agree with your view that it has become a great variational
     modeler, the interface still leaves a lot to be desired, but it beats
     most of the alternatives in what it can do.

     I don't like to make comparisons with other CAD modelers, some are
     better than others. I have never had the opportunity to work with
     Catia but I have and do work with Pro/E on occasion, and they both
     excell in different areas.

     I have strong opinions as to which I prefer and why, but I have met
     people who can make the same claims about Pro/E.

     Where you stand depends on where you sit.

     Michael,

     First, How deep are your pockets?

     Also, there are some substantial differences in the model construction
     techniques that you use and how you can modify the designs.

     If you want to talk specifics, contact me directly. lblasch@opw-fc.com

     Sincerely,

     Larry Blasch
     Design Engineer