Re: Rapid Prototyping of Glass Products

From: Rick Harrington (rharrington@harringtonpdc.com)
Date: Thu Jul 01 1999 - 22:04:12 EEST

At 11:19 PM 6/30/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>We have done many glass like prototypes. It is quite expensive to get them
>>
>>Please go to our web site (below), and hit the services page for an image.
>>Home Page: http://www.harringtonpdc.com
>

>Rick,
>
> I went to the services page and from there to "Crystal Clear/Glasslike,"
>but didn't see any pictures. Are you referring to the picture on your "info"
>page, i.e., the blender bottle? That looks pretty cool. What did you make
>that in?
>
>Best regards,
>Marshall Burns

Hi Marshall,

We made that part from a SLA master, highly polished, RTV tool & clear
urethane casting. It took awhile to get it right, but the end product was
almost perfect. This is something I have been trying to achieve for almost
20 years. We considered it a breakthrough. I'm not saying that this is
the best, but I look for something as good or better at all the shows I
attend. I haven't found 1 yet.

Unfortunately, it is so labor intensive to get the master to this quality,
most projects can't support the cost.

Best Regards,

Rick Harrington

Harrington Product Development Center

"Bringing it all Together"
Your partners in product development solutions

Phone: (513)482-4700 Ext.3004
Fax: (513)482-4706
Toll Free: (800)482-2240 Ext 3004

FTP Site: ftp.harringtonpdc.com