Re: explanation offended

From: Pedro Garayo (pedgar@cidaut.es)
Date: Tue Jul 06 1999 - 18:28:59 EEST

Hello, folks

I have also received that mail and I completely agree with Kooijmans from TNO.
You could only guess where they got my address from by taking a look at the path
the message has followed, since no clue was given in the message I received.

Regards,

b.Kooijmans@gearbox.prc.tno.nl escribió:

> Hello fellow RP-mailers.
>
> This morning I received the mail as you can read below. In the end it said
> the known sentence "for more information about RP-mail etc." so I assumed it
> came from the list. Apparently it was sent to me alone but somehow true the
> list. I really hate spending time on this kind of crap, if these kind of
> people get their way than mail without all kinds of filtering-tricks will
> become a useless medium. That's why I replied so angry to the two
> email-addresses in the mail. I also sent a CC to the mailing list to let
> everyone know how I had reacted, no secret from me there! In the Netherlands
> we like to be straightforward about our intentions. I hope no one from the
> list is offended by me being offended!...
> Both mail-addresses "bounced" anyway since they were cancelled by US.net
> according to my "mailer-deamon".
>
> So, back to business!!!
>
> Greetings everybody,
>
> N.M.J.P. Kooijmans, B.Sc.
>
> Prototyping Engineer
> Production Development Division
> Oostsingle 209, P.O. Box 5073
> 2600 GB Delft, the Netherlands
>
> Phone: +31 15 2608 729
> E-mail: B.Kooijmans@ind.tno.nl
> Fax: +31 15 2608 725
>
> Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research.
>
> LET US DO YOUR BULK E-MAIL ADVERTISING!!!
> TIRED OF THE "IN YOUR FACE ADS" (BANNERS) STATISTICS SHOW THEY ARE NOT
> WORKING. PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF THE FORCEFUL ADS EACH AND EVERYTIME THEY CLICK
> ONTO A SITE. PUT YOUR AD DIRECTLY INTO THEIR MAILBOX, WHERE THEY CAN READ
> IT AT THEIR LEISURE. OUR CLIENTS FIND INDIVIDUAL ADS WORK AND BRING TRAFFIC
> TO THEIR SITE MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE.
> THE WAY OF THE FUTURE FOR SUCCESS IN YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!
> **BEST BUY**NON-TARGETED MAILINGS** (WORLD-WIDE)
> 100,000 - $175
> ½ million - $450
> 1 million - $800
> 2 million - $1200
>
> Let our company do mailing for your product/service, newsletter/report,
> seminar, convention or client list.
> Over 71 million addresses on file and NONE were purchased from other CD's.
> We extract our own addresses 7/24.
> ***Targeted mailings: ***
> WE CAN TARGET ANYTHING ON THE NET!!!!
> Why pay $.01 per addresses save LOTS OF $$$, we will mail your ad or you can
> purchase the addresses and do your own mailing at your convience. Highly
> targeted list:
> $250 per 50,000
> $1,500 per ½ million
> Purchase the addresses, do your own mailing and save an additional 20% off
> any of our prices.
> ***SPECIAL*** ½ million mailed to .net and .com (US addresses only)$750. A
> savings of $750.
> Only fresh addresses are sent. We extract when an order is placed. We DO
> NOT use addresses extracted prior to your order.
> We can extract by country, occupation, organizations, associations, product,
> [...]

|     Pedro Garayo         |    CIDAUT        |
| R&D Project Engineer     | P.Tec. Boecillo  |
| Tel 34-983-548035        | 47151 Valladolid |
|    SPAIN    | mailto:pedgar@cidaut.es  | ;) |