Re: Sales Tips Newsletter

From: kevan_jones@cemcom.com
Date: Mon Jul 12 1999 - 16:41:36 EEST

Well list,

I think we can officially say that the rp-ml list address has made it onto
someone SPAMMING list. Personally, I'm surprised we didn't get one one earlier.
This may be as a result of someones' spite, or it maybe just the inevitable
result of the medium. Either way, it will be difficult to avoid seeing the junk.

There may be ways to solve the problem, such as setting up filters, but it would
add some work to the list owners plate. Another solution would be to migrate the
list to a newsgruop. Make it a secure newsgroup that requires a name and
password to post, and most of the problems will go away. Spammers and
advertisers have their accounts suspended.

Any other ideas, Hannu and rp-ml.

Kevan Jones