did we ever find out who subscribed rp-ml to all the spam lists?

From: B. J. Arnold-Feret (ppsltd@airmail.net)
Date: Tue Jul 13 1999 - 17:50:06 EEST

Question - did we ever find out who subscribed the rp-ml to all the spam lists?

Secondly, I note that I tend to spend time on a mailing list that is coming
to me after I subscribed to it versus spnding time on a open newsgroup where
there is a tremendous amount of "white noise" from posters that have no
business being in the newsgroup. Additionally, the email robots that use
postings to place your email on spamming lists have made me almost swear off
newsgroups.

If you think that the spammer volume is too high after this incident, wait
until you do a newsgroup. Spammers use your email address from postings to
sell your email address to others, or spam into the newsgroup to just annoy
and perhaps sell one item.

B. J. Arnold-Feret
ppsltd@airmail.net

 * Prototyping and Rapid Tooling Services *
 * 1401 Summer Dell Court *
 * Roanoke TX 76262 *
 * 817-379-5629 voice - 817-431-5341 fax *
 * 817-979-0222 pager - ppsltd@airmail.net *
 * *