Re: NEWS RELEASE

From: Nick Osborn (Nick@swiftech.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 16 1999 - 18:56:44 EEST

Andy

I'm sorry that you have had some difficulty understanding my previous answer - hopefully the following will clarify things sufficiently.

1. I am assuming by "Rendshape" you mean the "Aluminium Reinforced Polymer Board for Composite Injection Mold Tooling" that is marketed in the UK as "Cibatool Express 2000" - if not then the following and any previous comments on comparisons are irrelevant.

2. As far as I am aware, Cibatool Express is only available in 1 multipurpose grade - Swiftool is available in 17 specific grades.

3. Cibatool Express requires a sealant to be applied prior to moulding - Swiftool does not.

4. Ciba advise against liberal use of cutting fluid when processing Cibatool Express - no such limitation with Swiftool.

5. Max. height of stock Cibatool Express material is 4 inches - Swiftool can be made to order in much greater thicknesses.

Andy, as Oscar Wilde said: "Comparisons are odious" - I'm sure there are users who will find Cibatool Express / other products to be ideal for their rapid tooling needs, and please rest assured that I have no problem with that whatsoever.

It is certainly true that both Cibatool Express and Swiftool Billet would appear to be aimed at the same market segment, i.e. users who are looking for a material that they can machine at high speed to make direct rapid tooling. The main difference lies in the material formulation, which results in different capabilities. I guess it comes down to choice, value and performance in the end.

Perhaps the best way of illustrating the above differences would be for us to send you a sample block of Swiftool Billet for side by side machining trials - please let me know if this would be of interest.

Regards

Nick

Nick Osborn
Managing Director
Swift Technologies Ltd.
140 - 144 Station Road, March,
Cambs. PE15 8NH, UK

"Real Parts Real Quick - Because Time Is Money"

Tel: +44 (0) 1354 650 789
Fax: +44 (0) 1354 650 799
www.swiftech.co.uk