RPM

From: kbarker@iware.com
Date: Wed Jul 21 1999 - 21:32:55 EEST

Hi Roger,

In reading the response you sent Ellis, I was hoping I could get involved and
ask your help. There are a few sporadic reports of Surfacer or RPM crashing
that come through my department. 75% of the time, the abnormal termination of
the application issue revolves around memory/swap restrictions. If you are
seeing RPM crash on a regular basis, can we look at your virtual memory size?
It should be approx. 4-5 times as big as the RAM space if you intend on doing
mathematically intense operations, such as Booleans, polygonizing, direct
registrations, etc.

I would like to work with you in obtaining a sample file that crashes and its
log file. I will forward this to our development group so a realistic diagnosis
can be made. It's quite possible there's a S/W bug (did I say that word?) that
we need to be made aware of. But it may also be a swap space limitation and the
operation has nowhere to go.

As for your other observation, if there are operations that require more steps
in 9.0 than they did in 8.1, help me understand where these are, and let's
address them one by one. I would like to offer support@iware.com as the vehicle
for communicating with me. If you can send me a list of concerns, my group will
begin to work thru them. You stated that Imageware has been very helpful in the
past, I believe we still are and I'd like to do everything in my power to help
you Roger.

Please email me...
Best regards,
Ken Barker