RE: Convert STL file to cloud points

From: Anshuman Razdan (razdan@asu.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 25 1999 - 21:47:15 EEST

Just read the STL file and discard the triangle info and keep the vertex
info. Ofcourse you are going to have multiple instances of each vertex but
you cannot avoid that. Its painful but not that painful to cratea hashed
bucket of points so you can do fast searches if you have already read the
point. If you dont know what I am talking bout .. well send me email

AR
Dr. Anshuman Razdan
Technical Director PRISM
Email: razdan@asu.edu