Re: Convert STL file to cloud points

From: Srinivas Samavedam (srinivas@hkusua.hku.hk)
Date: Mon Jul 26 1999 - 16:10:54 EEST

Convert the STL file into VRML format. The VRML format stores all the
vertexes at one place and their relationships some where else. Thus you will
easily get a list of vertex's covering the surface, without the use of
tedious data structures. They are some sharewares available to convert STL
to VRML, look at http://www.eng.clemson.edu/~wfeng/rp/rp_software.htm

S. Srinivas
Graduate Student
Dept. of IMSE