Re: Optical properties of castable clear materials

From: Olinda Rush (orush@mcpsystems.com)
Date: Mon Aug 02 1999 - 18:16:06 EEST

SG 95, available from MCP Systems, is an optically clear polyurethane resin. Many service bureaus and OEM are currently casting lens type prototypes with this resin. The Optical properties are as follows
Refractive Index - 1.51; Transmissivity - 88.1%; Diffused Lights - 0.9%; Paralleled Lights - 87.2%.
This resin does not contain a UV stabilizer so these properties will change over time. It is designed to be cast in an automated MCP VaCast chamber for a virtually void free clear part. This material is available worldwide through the MCP Group.

Olinda W.Rush
MCP Systems
Senior Sales Representative
phone: 973.267.0549