SFF conference

From: Elaine Hunt (ehunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 16 1999 - 21:36:06 EEST

Here are some interesting stats on last week's SSF conference in Austin.
It was great to see everyone and to hear about the latest work being done
in RP. To all student participants worldwide.......GREAT JOB!!

Attendant breakdown..........

22 representing 18 different US companies
 6 representing 3 RP vendor companies
91 representing 31 US universities
15 representing 7 US research Labs
31 representing 12 foreign countries
4 representing 3 US funding agencies

Great conference showcasing science based research which is forming a
STRONG foundation under this technology we love to call RP&M. Without this
foundation RP as we know it today will never move beyond niche pockets for
custom manufacturing.

My favorite application presentation ....... Virginia Tech's Automated
System Loader and Unloader for FDM. I can see my SLA automated with a bit
more work!! Hot Dog!!
Necessity is the Mother of Invention and of Improvements....... Have you
ever wondered who the mother of RP is since we have three separate fathers?
  DNA testing anyone?

Elaine

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine T. Hunt, Director
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
http://rafiki.vr.clemson.edu/credo/persall/persall.html