Re: Shareware for making STL file from iges files

From: C. Brock Rooney (brock@mich.com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 1999 - 10:51:09 EEST

At 06:15 PM 8/16/99 -0500, Sunil Yadav wrote
>I am looking for a shareware to make STL file from iges files. I have IDEAS
>master series 6.0 for making solid models. I can use "export as STL" in
>IDEAS (with tolerance of 0.01 mm) to make STL file. However, I am not
>satisfied with the STL file when I use a viewer to view it. The
>triangulation of the surface appears slightly coarse. I can not reduce the
>tolerance further from 0.01 mm since the part was made with 0.01 mm
>tolerance. Is there a shareware available which I can use to make STL file
>from my iges models...

Our IGES to STL product should allow you to get the tighter tolerance you want.
But shareware it isn't.

C. Brock Rooney, Pres., Brock Rooney & Associates Inc. (Brockware)
        915 Westwood Birmingham MIchigan 48009 USA
(248) 645-0236 fax/bbs (248) 645-9020 email brock@mich.com