Re: Shareware for making STL file from iges files

From: Martin Stevens (mstevens@ford.com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 1999 - 13:56:14 EEST

You can improve the quality of the STL file from I-DEAS by increasing
the isoline density on the part.
Go into "Edit Appearance" (the paintbrush about a third of the way up on
the right hand side) and increase the isoline density from its default
of 0 to 2. The value must be an integer between 0 and 4, play around
with it until you get reasonable results.
Now export your "rapid prototyping file" and you should have a much
finer facetted surface.

  Martin.

Martin Stevens                          phone: +44 (0)1268 405954
Visteon Automotive Systems              fax:   +44 (0)1268 402952
Ford Motor Company                      email: mstevens@ford.com