Re: Injection Mold needed for Jewelry

From: Nick Osborn (Nick@swiftech.co.uk)
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 19:18:34 EEST

Ricky

Do you have the design in CAD format? Or a sketch / picture available?

Will you be creating the master pattern by hand?

If not then (providing the design is appropriate) one way forwards would be to get a Sanders master pattern built. One we have a (suitably scaled) master pattern, we can pour Swiftool (TM) material against it to make a tool for plastic injection moulding.

In order to quote, we would need to know what plastic will be injected, and how many shots your customer needs for design approval / production requirements?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Nick Osborn
Managing Director
Swift Technologies Ltd.
140 - 144 Station Road, March,
Cambs. PE15 8NH, UK

"Real Parts Real Quick - Because Time Is Money"

Tel: +44 (0) 1354 650 789
Fax: +44 (0) 1354 650 799
www.swiftech.co.uk

>>> "Ricky Low" <rl1@pdq.net> 19/08/99 06:34:45 >>>
Hello fabbers-

I produce plastic injection molds for jewelry, cheifly by CNC and pantograph, and die sinking/hand engraving methods. I have a customer who requires an injection mold for a coin frame bezel pendant that has a twisted rope edge on the outside as is commonly seen in jewelry catalogs...It will hang on a common twisted rope chain, about 4mm, and have a coin about the size of a silver dollar in it. A rubber or RTV mold, or tooling as you engineers say, will not give the level of detail he wants. Anybody know of a way to create a cavity of the profile of rope chain to accomplish this ( by EDM or whatever),or possibly a metalized epoxy type mold, etc.? Anyone want to give a bid on the job? I am making other molds for this customer, but not able to do this one.

Thanks-
Ricky Low
Houston, Texas
Ph. 713-974-3710