Re: paintable mold release

From: Fusioneng@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 20 1999 - 01:53:46 EEST

In a message dated 8/19/99 2:09:17 PM Central Daylight Time, info@pdsiusa.com
writes:

<< looking for either a paintable release or something to disolve the
 release before painting. parts are urethane, molds are RTV

 thanks

 mac, PDSI >>

Mac;
We use a product called SLIDE mold cleaner. We get it from the local
industrial supply house. Its pretty popular in the plastics industry. It
removes all the silicones and greases. Especially the silicones which seem to
be the biggest problem to get off. By the way if you have SLA equipment in
house, what ever you do DO NOT use Slide to clean a small grease spot off
your new 3D Lightyear software CD. It melts the CD. Now I scared to call 3D
to ask for a new CD since I made such a big stink about Lightyear on the
RP-ML last month.
Bob Morton
Fusion Engineering