Re: Prototyping bottles

From: Rudolf Schenker[Pr.Tech.(Eng)] (rudis@ibi.co.za)
Date: Mon Aug 30 1999 - 12:51:58 EEST

Erkut NEGIS wrote:

> I think that, Stratasys/ FDM technology is very suitable for your purpose.
>
> At 12:05 27.08.1999 +0200, Pedro Garayo wrote:
> >Hello list,
> >
> >I've come up to a not very usual type of product for my everyday job. I
> >need to make prototypes for marketing purposes of bottles and caps in
> >several sizes for food storage. Diameters range from 100 to 55 mm. and
> >heights from 250 to 150 mm. (of the mounted product). Which would you
> >think to be the best rp method? I was thinking SLS, if I want to paint
> >finish the product... Are there any special considerations I should be
> >aware of?
> Erkut NEGIS
> erkut@innotek.com.tr
>
> INNOTEK,
> Innovative Technology & Products,
> Engineering & Int'l Trade Co. Ltd.
>
> Istanbul TURKEY

> Phone: +90 (212) 485-4747
> Fax : +90 (212) 485-4748

Dear Erkut

I would like to agree with you. I have made several bottles prototypes during
the last two years. Our final FDM prototypes actually looked better than our
SLA ones. Bottle prototypes were split in sections during the RP stage,
joined, sanded, spray painted and finished. I preferred to work with ABS
material.

Regards
Rudolf Schenker[Pr.Tech(Eng.)]