From: Scott A Taper (scott.taper@sri.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 06:07:44 EEST

Let me add my kudus to Hannu for his successfully managing a list that has 1500
members and very little spam up until now. I manage a 1000 member list and we
get spammed every day starting over a year ago. But my members as do your
hannu, recognized the content of what they had provided to each other was far
greater than the few clicks that it takes to delete the spam. I use majordomo
also and I have had our people make it possible for only members, whose email
addresses are registered, to post. All nonmembers are bounced to the trash. I
still get the spam but I don't have to see it and none of the list members ever
see it.

Scott Taper (Techno-L List Owner-Manager)
Manager, Technology Commercialization
and Business Development
SRI International
333 Ravenswood Ave.