Re: aluminum die casting tools?

From: Brad Fox (bfox@rapid-design.com)
Date: Thu Sep 09 1999 - 00:11:03 EEST

Mira and List:
At Rapid Tooling Technologies, we have been making 3D Keltool inserts that
have been used in Die Casting applications - both Zinc and Aluminum.
Sometimes we will make the entire core and cavity, but in other cases we
will make only pins, cams, face blocks, etc. In other words, 3D Keltool is
also a great method for components in a die casting mold, too.

For aluminum applications, 3D Keltool probably won't be production - but a
great pre-production/prototyping solution. For Zinc, it can be production
for most applications.

Our staff at Rapid Tooling Technologies has been perfecting the 3D Keltool
process for over 10 years now. Please call (800-328-1323) or email us with
any application you would like us to investigate.

Thanks,

Brad Fox
Rapid Tooling Technologies
559 Shoreview Park Road