Playtime at Pets.com

From: Pets.com Insider (petnews@pets.m0.net)
Date: Thu Sep 09 1999 - 14:32:43 EEST

Pets.com Insider
September 8, 1999

Thanks to all who submitted new names for our
newsletter. We're evaluating the finalists and will
proudly announce the winner in the next issue.

It's a toy bone-anza this week at Pets.com! We're featuring
everything from freestyle canine dancing to playing peekaboo
with your cat, to the importance of bird toys. So come on into
Pets.com and start playing...

In this issue:
* This week's specials
* Canine freestyle dancing
* Playtime with kitty, birdie, and bunny
* Vet spotlight
* Pet trivia

THIS WEEK'S SPECIALS
-----------------------------------
We've got over 500 toys to keep your pet happy. And to
keep you happy, shipping is only $4.95 per order.

* Ethical Products Plush Jack Squeak Toy--dog toy
 sale price: $6.29 (you save $6.70)
http://pets1.m0.net/m/s.asp?H310267105X245609

* Four Paws Ferret Play Tunnel
 sale price: $6.99 (you save $10.20)
http://pets1.m0.net/m/s.asp?H310267105X245610

* Penn Plax CritterTrail Playground Kit--for small animals
 sale price: $6.99 (you save $10)
http://pets1.m0.net/m/s.asp?H310267105X245611

And though it's not a toy, at such a great
price we felt we had to tell you about it:

* Hill's Science Diet Canine Maintenance
(Original flavor) for dogs--40 lbs.
 sale price: $24.99 (you save $11)
http://pets1.m0.net/m/s.asp?H310267105X245612

Prices in effect through September 21, 1999

CANINE FREESTYLE DANCING
If you want to have fun and limber up your dog, you should try
canine freestyle dancing. Freestyle combines obedience, heeling,
agility, and flashy tricks all choreographed to music.
http://pets1.m0.net/m/s.asp?H310267105X245613

PLAYTIME FOR KITTY, BIRDIE, AND BUNNY
Playing peekaboo with your cat is fun for both of you.
http://pets1.m0.net/m/s.asp?H310267105X245614

Playful birds? You bet. And bird toys do more than
simply amuse your bird. They keep her healthy.
http://pets1.m0.net/m/s.asp?H310267105X245615

What do bunnies like to do for amusement?
http://pets1.m0.net/m/s.asp?H310267105X245616

VET SPOTLIGHT--DR. BOBBIE MAMMATO
Dr. Bobbie Mammato is one of Pets.com's staff veterinarians. She
works for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Center for
Veterinary Medicine, in Washington, D.C., and is the author of Pet
First Aid: Cats and Dogs. Her articles on pets and family appear on
Pets.com weekly; her articles on first aid appear twice monthly.

This week, Dr. Bobbie writes about letting your child name your pet.
http://pets1.m0.net/m/s.asp?H310267105X245617

PET TRIVIA--IMPRESS YOUR FRIENDS
Did you know that guide dogs were first trained to lead
blinded veterans in post-World War I Germany? The most
widely used breed? That's right - the German Shepherd.