RE: HeCd laser lifetimes ???

From: Deak, Steve (sdeak@hasbro.com)
Date: Thu Sep 16 1999 - 17:46:03 EEST

William:

I used to run SLA250's at GE Aircraft Engines in the early 90's . I believe
I was consistently over 3000 hrs on most all Omnichrome lasers. I think my
high hour laser was in the 6000 hour range. Do you use a UPS and filter?
Also, if you start the laser using the DOS command (it has been a while, so
specifics are hard to come by) this will keep the laser on constantly. On
and off tends to reduce laser life significantly. There is a way to leave
the laser on after the build to improve gas laser life. UPS and power
filters will help the power supply as well

Steve Deak e-mail: sdeak@hasbro.com
Mgr.-Rapid Prototyping voice: (+1) 513-579-3270
Hasbro, Inc. fax: (+1) 513-579-3250
615 Elsinore Place
Cincinnati, OH 45202 USA "Our Business is FUN!"