Re: light year work around

From: Marshall Burns (Marshall@Ennex.com)
Date: Thu Sep 16 1999 - 23:05:52 EEST

>Roger,
>Don't be fooled DTM is not different then 3D Systems, Sanders or any other
>RP manufacturer!
>Karl

Karl,

    Are you referring to the dispute that DTM got into with some users who
wanted to experiment with their own powders in their Sinterstation, or has
there been some other problem you're referring to about DTM? What sort of
problems have users had with Sanders?

    I must say, by the way, that I find it surprising that the vendors allow
all kinds of complaints to be aired here without stepping in to offer
answers and assurances that they are on top of things. I know that at least
several of the vendors are monitoring this forum, but it seems strange that
they would not want to show their customers (a fair proportion of whom are
reading this list) that they care and that they know the technical issues
surrounding their own products. Sanders is the only fabber vendor that
regularly participates in the RP-ML, through Al Hastbacka. But Z (I think it
was Tom Clay) once chimed in with a very helpful answer to a customer's
complaint. That is good customer service, and it makes for a healthy
industry.

    With our industry in the sorry financial state that it is, it would be
nice if more of the vendors showed some interest in serving their customers!

Best regards,
Marshall Burns

Marshall@Ennex.com
Ennex Corporation, Los Angeles, USA, (310) 824-8700
www.Ennex.com