Re: light year work around / accumax

From: Mark Wynn (mwynn@yazaki-na.com)
Date: Fri Sep 17 1999 - 18:28:39 EEST

>>What about those users that shelled out $2500 for "AccuMax"? Without >>the ability to edit Ec and Dp that tool is useless even if you were running >>Ciba resin. With all the so called Beta testing done on Lightyears its quite
>>obvious that no user with an SLA 250/40 running Somos was ever >>consulted.
>>Andy Scott
>>Lockheed Martin Aero Sys

Isn't the Ec and Dp values which are actually used for draw speed calcualtions located on the build station SW side (Located in the resin.dat files)? And aren't the Ec and Dp values found within the old Maestro style files only used for auto Z correction?
If so, I would think that you can still fully utilize Accumax...regardless if you are running lightyear or a different resin. you would just have to calulate Z corection manually.

Can any one verify if this true.

Thanks

Mark Wynn
Yazaki North America