Re: Jobs.?

From: Neil Hopkinson (nhopkins@dmu.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 18:26:41 EEST

Carl and list,

I can't see any major problem with using the list to advertise positions
which are open. Trying to get the right person for the job is often
difficult enough even when the skills are not as specific as those
required in RP&M. This list provides unique access to the right sort of
people without the costs of expensive advertising and the use of
agencies - does cost avoidance mean the same thing as commercialization?

In addition, keeping tabs on who is taking on who and where allows us to
keep abreast of changes in a rapidly changing and advancing field.

Neil Hopkinson
Department of Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering,
De Montfort University,
Leicester,
LE1 9BH
UK