RE: Modeler evaluation

From: Mitchell, Douglas (D.B.) (dmitchel@ford.com)
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 21:35:47 EEST

Wayne,

I have to agree with Elaine here. What is your end application?
Here at Ford, we have SLA 7000s, Quantums and a Sinterstation.
Our group prefers the FDM parts as they are more robust and easier
to post process. Some of the other areas also prefer the FDMs for
similar reasons. At other times we use the SLAs since they are faster.

BTW, Elaine, we have proved out using FDM parts for investment casting,
Dave Howard has done it with parts supplied by me. This was the subject
of his presentation at the FDM user group in July.

Regards,

Doug Mitchell
Ford Motor Company