Modeler evaluation clarification

From: wlfoss@collins.rockwell.com
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 22:13:53 EEST

Hi all,

So far, I've had a good response to my questions about which modeler I
should recommend. Nearly every response started by asking what I was going
to use the models for (ie fit/form/function, casting masters, etc.) and
what level of detail and precision was needed. The answer to those
questions is "yes" and "all of the above". Sorry about being a little
sarcastic here, but in this particular instance, the modeler needs to be
"all things to all people". The modeler in question here will be in a
service bureau-like environment (don't worry SB's, no competition here) and
will serve a wide variety of products and applications. Not under
consideration is 3D printers and the smaller units. They want to go the Tim
Taylor route of "more power". I guess that my major concern at this point
is determining if the SLA-7000 is worth the extra money and how much does
it really cost to set-up an SLA operation on top of the modeler cost.

Thanks to everyone for their insight and please keep it coming.

Wayne Foss
Rockwell Collins, Inc.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Blue flag, Tim!