Optical Prototypes

From: Jim Burt (jim.burt@infocus.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 03:07:31 EEST

Hey, Folks, do any of you have experience prototyping optical lenses? I am
most interested in fly's eye lenses right now, but will also be doing
spherical and aspheres. Right now I am exploring options and will consider
any process, including making a reverse master and casting them in acrylic.
I would appreciate any help. It looks like I may soon be in the market for
used lens grinding equipment, etc., of which I know little. So....I guess I
need an education, which is why I came to the "university" once again.

 Jim Burt
Mgr, PD Serv. R&D Eng.
503) 685-8543
jim.burt@infocus.com