RE: lightyear query

From: TAN CHOR ANN, RP (TANCA@proton.com.my)
Date: Sun Oct 03 1999 - 15:54:14 EEST

Pat,
There have been some occasions here where files that were analysed in Magics
and not in Maestro failed during build-up. I reckon that it has to do with
conflicts, in the algorithms for analysing and repairing stl files, between
the two softwares. It might be that a file that is defined as good in Magics
is defined as bad in Maestro and vice versa. Hence, i always make it a point
to analyse the file in Maestro, even if Magics says the file is ok. So far,
there have been no problems with hollow parts in Maestro.
However, this is the first time that a hollow part i have, is made into a
solid when analysed. It might be a bug in Lightyear? Not too sure about
that. Maybe the 3D Systems observers on the list can 'verify' that? "Sorry
for sounding so corny :)"
Thanks for your valuable input. See you at the Sepang F1 race?

Best Regards,

Raymond Tan,
Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing Center,
Research & Development Department,
PROTON BHD.
Shah Alam,
40918, Selangor,