Re: mold release (non RP)

From: Derek.Harrell@dwtc.co.uk
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 10:19:15 EEST

Gert,

If you are reaching temperatures of 120 degrees centigrade whilst molding the
epoxy you need to use a high temp release wax or frekote. At higher temperatures
ordinary release wax disperses and causes the epoxy to adhere to the surface of
the model. Ebalta of Germany produce a mold release wax T2 that can withstand
temperatures of up to 150 degrees centigrade. T2 may also seal some of the
seams. Frekote is supplied by Dexter Hysol of Pittsburg CA. Best of luck.

Derek Harrell
Daewoo Worthing Tech Centre
England

Geert Mensing <gmensing@defond.com> on 04/10/99 02:02:26

cc: (bcc: Rapid Prototyping/Daewoo)
Subject: mold release (non RP)

Hi,

I am currently making molds for inductors but the epoxy always sticks to the
mold (brass) despite using a mold release agent. Does anyone have experience
with this and has some ideas. Furthermore I am using inserts in my molds and
there are seams which leak epoxy. Is there some (mold release) agent that
does AND close seams AND is a good release agent? It would be perfect if the
agents could stand temperatures of up to 120 degrees Celsius.

Cheers,

Gert (Geert Mensing)

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a
philosopher (Ambrose Bilerce).

Whether we will philosophize or we won't philosophize, we must philosophize
(Aristotle).

Life is what happens to us while we're making other plans (John Lennon).