Fwd: Need Help Finding RP Info

From: Elaine Hunt (ehunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 07 1999 - 15:03:05 EEST

>James Stewart wrote......
> I need help finding information on the following aspects of Rapid
>Prototyping:
>The history of the development of Rapid Prototyping technology, focusing
on its
>effects on industry evolution, competitive behavior, and organization
>strategies.

Start by reading Marshall Burn's book on Automated Fabrication. Also check
http://www.vr.clemson.edu/credo/prl.html where I am hanging out alot of RP
information that I have collected over the years. The section called
resources contains alot of new stuff.
If you need hard copies and are located in Greenville, SC come to see me as
I have an extensive library on the subject here at Clemson. I have
information dating back to 1989.

>Rapid Prototyping technology's life cycle, and the resulting economic
impact on
>society and business.

Here you will have to turn to "Terry T. Wohlers" <twohlers@compuserve.com>
, KDenton@williams-int.com, and Brock Brock Hinzmann
<bhinzmann@sric.sri.com> to collect this type of information. I do not
believe anyone has published any collective information concerning the
total impact on companies or their strategies.

Your study will be interesting...any prospects that it will be made public?

Elaine

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine T. Hunt, Director
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
http://rafiki.vr.clemson.edu/credo/persall/persall.html