Re: What technology to build a 180MB STL file?

From: James P. Harrison (harrjp@juno.com)
Date: Fri Oct 15 1999 - 23:24:29 EEST

Hi Tim,

I have never tried that large of an STL file, but I have had 400MB build
files!
I think you could build using Stereolithography. I am guessing that you
have tried different orientations and that this is a very large part
which is why
the supports are giving you a problem. I am sure you have thought about
splitting the part too. I am curious how this works out for you. If I
can be of
service, please call.

Good luck,
Jim

James P. Harrison e-mail: harrjp@juno.com
Director Of Operations Phone: 954-972-9906
3Dimensional Engineering Fax: 954-972-8903
2991 N. Powerline Rd. Web: www.3de.net
Pompano Beach, FL. 33069