Low- fat stl to VRML conversion.

From: Paul J. Burr (tigerpb@ids.net)
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 03:47:59 EEST

Has any one tried this- convert an STL file to VRML and have it come out a
reasonable size for use on a web site? I have no problem doing the
conversion, but I don't know how to get the file size down to @500K. I'm
trying to include a VRML version of one of my jewelry designs on our
upcoming website. The problem is, the simplest designs end up being
10,0000K, much to large to capture the attention of a casual web surf. I was
also thinking of using a QuickTime 3d object instead, but have no experience
with that file format.