Re: Small frustrating thing with Lightyear

From: Todd Reese (todd.reese@realizeinc.com)
Date: Fri Oct 22 1999 - 02:29:49 EEST

i've had trouble in the past with lightyear and multiple files on a 250
platform.....although i don't recall what the magic number was. my build
would begin to draw the first layer of all the parts and stop midway and
stick in the 'loading' action. once it actually sat all night like that
:-(. my first thought was to stagger the z height of the parts. well...the
build made it a little further, but again, when all parts started to scan,
the machine would just freeze. what i was told by 3d is that lightyear
treats supports like parts (whatever that means). anyway, the conclusion was
to merge the parts into one .stl file and supports into another. lightyear,
in my opinion, makes it easy to just load your parts in and go. so it's a
little step out of the way to merge, delete and reload, but....i have not had
that problem since. hope this gives a little insight....

todd

Todd Reese
Realize, Inc.
12999 Parkside Drive