Lightyear!

From: Ola L.A. Harrysson (olh35495@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 22 1999 - 20:36:25 EEST

Dear list,

I know that the 3D lightyear software has been discussed a lot lately and this questions might have been answered already but I can't find it. We have just installed 3D lightyear and only have the default build style files which doesn't allow us to change all the parameters that we want. I contacted 3D systems and they told me that other build style files are available on the net but I can't find them. We are using an SLA 250 and would like to change the layer thickness, overcure and some other parameters. Does anyone know were these files can be downloaded from?

Last night we had a demonstration of the Solidworks software which seems pretty good and powerful to me. I would like to know what the users out there think about it. It is powerful enough for advanced 3D solid modeling, like ProE, or does it lack some important features. What is the quality of the stl-files produced by this software and so on. Any comments are appreciated.

Ola Harrysson.