On what the vendors MUST do!

From: Elaine Hunt (ehunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 29 1999 - 15:23:53 EEST

> And for those of you bent on selling a full, industrial-strength, RP machine
> to the consumer public? Think about it: remember when you bought your first
> printer? It got the job done. Then you saw one of those ink-jet printers that
> could produce near photo-quality pictures.

The success of the ink jet printer says that people want to print themselves
and in color. I got real excited about the color RP system from Europe. He says
I can't be a beta site due to distance. Yesterday I saw a $69 Barbie digital
camera and will probably try one out. While I have a $800 version of my own now
I can afford to introduce my grandchilds to this technology. We can send
pictures across the miles and get to share special moments. You know Grannies
love that idea! However if I could print out that sweet grandson's face into a
3d relief... what a special thing for me. Almost like being there and money
can't buy that kind of feelings.

There are markets for 3D printers that make me want to get up and go build
one! Maybe I should start a DigiPic company and sell stock at $30 per share
and then go make it happen.

elaine

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine T. Hunt, Director elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
http://rafiki.vr.clemson.edu/credo/persall/persall.html
http://www.vr.clemson.edu/rp/
http://www.vr.clemson.edu/credo/rp.html