Antw: Re: Flexible materials for scuba fin

From: Nick Osborn (Nick@swiftech.co.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 17:15:48 EET

Volker

The components we produced were mostly corner pieces, typically up to 150 x 150 x 150 in size.

Accuracy (using beam offset) was around 0.1mm per 100mm prior to any finishing.

The way we would approach this problem today would be:

1. LOM/other RP master unit
2. Pour Swiftool tool
3. Compression mould parts in EPDM / supply tool to your chosen moulder

We have not conducted life trials using EPDM at this stage, but have just passed the 40,000 units mark with a PP test piece, so protottype volumes should be no problem.

Do you have a particular component in mind?

Kind regards

Nick

Nick Osborn
Managing Director
Swift Technologies Ltd.
140 - 144 Station Road, March,
Cambs. PE15 8NH, UK

"Real Parts Real Quick - Because Time Is Money"

Tel: +44 (0) 1354 650 789
Fax: +44 (0) 1354 650 799
www.swiftech.co.uk

>>> "Volker Pohlisch" <vpohlisch@fciconnect.com> 09/11/99 08:08:10 >>>
Nick,

which measurements had these sealings and what accuracy were you able to produce? We also have some sealings in our products and I`m looking for some good rp-prozesses and suppliers which can build them.

Kind regards
FCI Automotive Deutschland GmbH

Volker Pohlisch
Prototype Shop