FW: Flexible materials for scuba fin

From: Justin Kidder (jrkst34+@pitt.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 17:18:10 EET

I don't know about the scuba fin numbers, but I know that Stratasys sells a
flexible material for the FDM machines. From their web page:

"Elastomer (E20)

This thermoplastic polyester-based elastomer has been developed for
applications in a variety of industries where mechanical strength and
durability are required for flexible components. It has a flex modulus of
20,000 psi, making it ideal for applications such as seals, bushings,
protective boots, hose and tubing, and impact-absorbing devices. Industries
such as automotive, electronic, appliance and power tool, sporting goods,
footwear and off-road transportation frequently require models and
prototypes which closely approximate end materials. E20 allows users to
model and test their flexible designs much earlier in the design process. "

-Justin Kidder
University of Pittsburgh