SLA and die-cast parts: a research project

From: Sean M Gladieux (Gladieux_Sean_M@CAT.com)
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 16:32:45 EET

It seems as if this message board is doing its job. I am receiving a fare
 amount of response to my earlier request.

A couple of notes:

Christian Nelson from DTM Corporation:
I am limiting my project to just one selected RP method, in this case SLA.
 Although Bradley University does not have an SLA, I have access to a 250 model
 through my employer, Caterpillar Inc. I am quickly learning that there a
 plethora of routes to arrive at metal prototype parts. I am interested in
 trying to quantify the impact on the design cycle, time to market, and cost
 per part for die casted parts using SLA as a method of prototyping for proof
 parts. I am trying to limit the scope of this project for time considerations.

Brad Fox - Rapid Design Technologies and Rapid Tooling Technologies:
Thanks for the response. It is good to see graduates of Bradley University are
 farring well. There is hope! Yes I do know John Howarter. He and I have been
 working together in the beginning stages of my research, although I haven't
 talked to him for a couple of months now due to travel schedules. I will ask
 him about you the next time he and I talk.

Sean Gladieux
Bradley University
Peoria, IL
309-675-1525