Re: CAD program that can export surface geomerty from a stl file

From: pradyumna rallapalli (r_pradyumna@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Sat Nov 20 1999 - 02:43:17 EET

Dear Camacho,
STl files are created in a CAD package after
tessellation, i.e. triangulation of surfaces/faces.
Hence the surface geometry gets approximated by
triangles and will affect accuracy if used for CNC.

CAD packages (I use CADDS 5) offer read-back to
create surface models of stl files. The original
surface gets approximated by hundreds of triangular
surfaces

Regards,
Prady