Software Keys

From: Steven Pollack (themissinglink@eznetinc.net)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 09:52:40 EET

I recently started thinking about the (HASP?)software key that is required for
use with FormZ. As I researched this technology on the web I started to
wonder how come more software developers, including Microsoft, don't require
these ingenius little anti-piracy devices.

Are the software developers working on something else or do you think these
will someday become part of the consumer software market? You always hear
that entire countries, such as China, operate on pirated Microsoft software
and that being a reason for their Y2K woes. You would think Microsoft would
be very keen to capture the appropriate dollars for their product. Is this
just a strategy of getting the world addicted to Microsoft software by
allowing for free samples only to later protect the product with products such
as these?

Thanks for any insight you have into this.

Steven Pollack
http://www.xyzacademy.com