CIRP & STAT

From: MET-L-FLO Inc. (sales@met-l-flo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 01:08:56 EET

Thanks to everyone.

Here is the summation of the e-mails received. Some information has been deleted.

Here is the slightly edited version:
CIRP (Compression Incorporated Rapid Prototyping) was not the "high-tech" approach that it sounded like. It isn't any different than building a prototype tool. The tooling dept would build a small, down and dirty tool (no ejection or water lines) in aluminum and it would be molded on a bench top plunger press. It evolved into a MUD insert ran on a small Arbor press. For all of this they charged an outrageous fortune when people thought Compression was building SLA, SLS, epoxy tooling or some newly developed technology. What it all boiled down to was smoke and mirrors. No one was allowed to discuss the "process" with the customers. All they were allowed to know was that they would get 50-100 parts in their material of choice in a one to two week time frame. That made it seem like Compression had invented some super secret process to make parts fast.

I came from Compression where I started the CIRP process. There is no information on the process and there was no documentation being done to document the process. I will tell you this. We used conventional cnc and edm processes to complete a CIRP program. It is a mind set and it is also how we handled the data upfront in the process.

As for the STAT I do not know what this is? If you could let me know what it is.

"MAKING TOMORROW TODAY"
Rapid Prototyping Services
MET-L-FLO Inc.
www.MET-L-FLO.com