Comolding applications

From: Marshall Burns (Marshall@Ennex.com)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 09:21:10 EET

Hi folks,

    Thanks for all the answers to my spray metal question. I'll post a
summary after the responses start to slow down. But now, another question
for all the manufacturing experts out there:

    What are some of the most common applications of comolding (or is it
called overmolding?) in which two different kinds of plastic are injection
molded into the same product? I know I've seen it in hand grips for sporting
goods (golf clubs? tennis racquets?) and hand tools (e.g., drills?) and I
believe that the scuba fins that I've looked at at the mall were probably
made that way. What are some other good examples?

    Thanks for your help. (In case you haven't guessed, this is still part
of my research for the coming series in my RP Report column.)

Best regards,
Marshall Burns
President, Ennex Corporation

Marshall@Ennex.com