Texturing on RP Models

From: Keith Wheadon (keith@sgi1.sdaa.com)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 17:14:09 EET

Dear list,
        In the past few months, I have had the need to do texturing on a few of
my recent projects. The method by which this was done was to use a product in
the automotive industry called ChipGuard. It is a spray on application, and
comes in many different colors. Differing textures can be obtained by the
distance of the spray can from the part. Another method is to mix automotive
primer a little thicker than normal, and spray it on dry. You vary the
distances to get the finish you want. We've done a texture copying a zip disk
type of texture, to a rougher type of texture for anything you can imagine.

Keith Wheadon
RP Manager
Solid Design & Analysis