Re: Spray steel?

From: Dr Matt Murphy (MurphyM@mechnet.liv.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 19:07:57 EET

Dear All,

In answer to Marshall's question: Yes I do know something they don't.

We carried out a 2 year, 1MEuro research project to develop this technology
for the manufacture of injection mould tools.

We plasma sprayed tool steel onto SLA and FDM wax with no degradation of the
pattern at all.

I am in a difficult situation in that I have now left the company that
carried out the work (Pera, UK), and therefore cannot comment further. Ben
Halford carried out the development work, and I know he is listening. Can
you comment more Ben?

Matt

Dr Matt Murphy
Director