Re: Liquid Injection Silicone Molding equipment

From: John Harnedy (machatak@tm.net.my)
Date: Thu Nov 25 1999 - 17:06:23 EET

Artur,
Spent two years working with my previous employer, on injection moulding
of liquid silicone of catheter balloons, basically a thin walled
cylinder. What type of product are you working on?
Key is the static mixer, and the pre use storage of the two components.
Also mould design is a black art, yes even more so than plastics.
Dopag are one of the major European suppliers of the dosing equipment,
used a 150 ton Arburg injection moulding machine.
Send more info and I will try to guide you.
John Harnedy